This is Wen’s favorite dish by far, so this post is just for her so that she can make it when she wants to. 🙂
It is a Korean soup called dwen jang jjigae, with a miso base and lots of veggies. I am tired so I will be concise tonight!
- Garlic (5-6 cloves)
- Onion (2 for a big pot)
- Potatoes (2)
- Zucchini (2)
- long pepper (1 is fine, ours was way too spicy)
- beef (1/2 lb-ish)
- tofu (1 box)
- sesame oil
- 3 big spoonfuls of “dwen jang” (bean paste, or Korean miso)
- a little bit of “ggoh chu jang” (red pepper paste)
Before you start, chop up all your veggies..
Here we go!
1. As always, start with the garlic simmering in sesame oil.
2. Throw in the chopped up onion and pepper. Sautee until they are done.
3. Throw in the beef into the mix and cook until the beef is done!
4. Pour in some water (not too much because we still have plenty left to put in!) and wait for the water to boil.
5. Add the miso paste (3 big spoonfuls, taste and add more if necessary) and just a TAD bit of the red pepper paste.
6. Add zucchini and potatoes. Zucchini is awesome!
7. Add tofu and let soup boil for a while so all the flavors can mix together!